Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Crew’s Lounge


One of the best parts about the 110 class is being able to let your imagination run wild with rigging ideas. I’ve always been interested in different control systems and I like to check out other classes for ideas. One of the biggest improvements in the 210 class in years was the introduction of the lever vang system. This opened up the front of the cockpit allowing the forward crew access to tons of valuable real estate. Before the lever vang the forward crew had to tack through the vang triangle and if you weren’t quick enough on a crash jibe you’d get pinned against the leeward coaming. The attached picture is a 210 lever vang while on the trailer. The lever vang would take some engineering, and a welder, but it would be the best option. Anyone care to take a crack at making this piece up?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a welder in California,I have a zephyr 20 and a 110,the 110 is a project boat but I recently finished restoring the zephyr.Send me ass picture and some specs of the lever vang system and I might be able to tackle it,I would love to design one for my zephyr as well.
petecahalen@hotmail.com

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this might be a case of "make it and tell us how it works", though Oakley may be able to tell you how the 210 version is setup. Have you been in touch with the guys in Tomales Bay?

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you can get some good purchase on the side of that barn as well. I like the idea.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MANUFACTURER A MUCH CHEAPER AND LIGHTER LEVER VANG FOR THE 210 MASTS

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home