Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Where Has The Time Gone

Nationals are upon us. Next week as a matter of fact. I do receive some strange glances when I tell people we are having our national championships in Canada. I think a lot of people would agree that the people who run CORK did a fine job for us a while back and I am happy to go back.

This year's regatta should be interesting. Ross Weene is coming off his Atlantics victory and has been building up to a fine performance next week. Steve Clancy in his restored hull #4 has been putting up great numbers for the past year but can he provide at the Big Show? Has that boat been measured yet? Ann and Tom Craig, who won the last time we held nationals in Kingston, appear to have two boats registered with Annie showing her crew to be "TBD". Hmmmmm. Then we have the bride's maids who I will not call out by name. You know who you are.

Either way, I think we are all looking forward to a good regatta. Life should be a bit easier now that we know how the drysail lot works, where the course is, not to bother going to the local "dance" club. I look forward to seeing some old friends on and off the race course. Safe driving and see you all in a week.

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home