Friday, August 28, 2009

Nationals, In Canada, Eh?

Guess I will try to keep this up to date while we are up here. Unfortunately the turnout is very bad, six boats. Some of the excuses I have heard are legitimate, some of them are just plain not worth repeating. In the end I think every class is having a hard time and the hope is that numbers will return when the economy does. (crossing fingers) I think it shows this year as all the events are scheduled around the Portsmouth Tavern at the entrance of the sailing park instead of in the huge warehouse-like sailing center. Personally, I like it better.

So today begins the big show. Three races scheduled for today and tomorrow and two for Sunday. The first will be the tune-up race and we go from there. Once again the need for a union operator on the crane put a halt to the concept of practice yesterday but we got the boat put together and double checked everything. The new main from Evolution Sails measured in and only needs a couple of tweaks to finishing details to be spot on.

I will wrap this up now. Like I said, will try to update. Will see how it goes.

Mark